Friday, September 21, 2018

Introduction

And we’re off!

This is the start of a great semester! I am so excited to be an Arts Bridge Scholar in Mrs. Hamilton’s music classroom this semester. I know that music can bring so much happiness and fulfillment in our lives.


First, an introduction to me:


I am originally from Bakersfield, California, but I’ve lived in Utah since I was eight, so I claim Sandy, Utah as home. I love the mountains, but I also miss the ocean in California and the big Nebraskan skies from my mission. I love being here in Utah though, close to my family, both immediate and extended. Utah’s a great place. 


I am the oldest of 5 children. We are all in college right now, except for my youngest brother who is a junior in high school. My mom recently graduated with her bachelor’s from BYU. Here’s a picture:




I’m a BYU music education major with an emphasis in choral teaching and a minor in math. One day I hope to be a choir teacher! Along with choral music, I also love a cappella music, pop music, and musical theater. I currently work as a piano and math tutor at a local charter school. I also love skiing, boating, going to performing arts events, and having card game wars with my friends.


During this semester, Mrs. Hamilton and I will be working with her 5th grade classes to put together a musical presentation for parents. In our lessons, we will be integrating subjects that the 5th graders are learning about by using music. We’re excited to expand our abilities to use music to help students become well-rounded learners. The presentation will include videos and pictures of what the students have been learning, students teaching their parents about what they’ve been learning, and music-making with their parents. We’re excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment